Visiting Vernon, Texas
Whether adventure takes you across the Great State of Texas or across the Country, Vernon is a great place to be. Located roughly halfway between Dallas/Fort Worth and Amarillo in North Central Texas, Vernon has something for everyone.
- Over 400 Hotel Rooms where you can rest and REVIVE,
- Restaurants offering a wide range of cultural fare that will curb even the mos RAVENOUS appetites,
- Shopping with a VARIETY of opportunities from antiques to the latest trends,
- The Red River Valley Museum brings out the adventurer in everyone through VIVID exhibits, as well as historical sites celebrating our rich and VIVID history.
Vernon is ALIVE with Festive Community Celebrations Throughout the Year
- Doans May Picnic - First Saturday in May
- Celebrate the Western Trail and Red River Valley Museum International Art Show - First Weekend in May
- Santa Rosa Roundup Parade and Rodeo - Third Week in May
- Summer's Last Blast - Second Weekend in August
- Vernon Burnin' Bike Ride - Third Weekend in August
- Vernon Farmers Fall Festival - October
- Cowboy Mounted Shooting - October
- Red River BBQ Battle State Championship Cook-Off - Last Weekend in October
- Lighting of the Community Holiday Decorations - On the Courthouse Square on Thanksgiving at 6 p.m.
- Christmas on the Western Trail Lighted Christmas Parade - Second Saturday in December
So, No matter if you are looking for an adventure or just passing through town on an adventure of your own, Vernon is always a great place to be.
Come see us - your ADVENTURE awaits!