The City Secretary's Office is responsible for all aspects of municipal records. In addition to the statutory duties of the position, the City Secretary serves as the Chief Election Official of all City elections and Records Management Officer for the City.
The City Secretary is responsible for:
- Conducting City elections
- Giving notice of Council meetings and keeping the minutes
- Maintaining records of City administration
- Certifying all legal documents
- Serving as Public Information Officer
- Serving as Records Management Officer